So, without further ado:
1. I am thankful for having had the chance to explore this potential opportunity at all. It has been a while since I have had an actually feasible opportunity present itself, and it kind of just fell in my lap. So even if it doesn't pan out, I cannot be more thankful that it came about at all.
2. I am thankful that I have people that are actually concerned for my well being, and want to see me happy. Even when I am feeling my lowest, I can say that there is always at least one person around me who genuinely wants me to change my outlook on my life.
3. I am thankful that I have a job. I even have a full-time job and a part-time job on the side to pick up the slack of the first one. While it is exhausting, I am happy to be able to retain some semblance of a living between the two. Some people would love nothing more than to have 2 jobs that they can say fulfill their daily needs.
4. I am thankful for my health. Despite any random issues that may come up here and there, I am able-bodied and can function well on a daily basis.
5. Last but not least, I am thankful that I do not hate everything about my life. There are things that I strongly feel need to change, and soon, but at the end of the day, I can look at myself in the mirror and think, Hey, you're not doing too bad after all; and there's always tomorrow. And so far, that's always been true.
You know, I think I just felt that little flame of optimism start burning that much brighter, somewhere deep inside.